A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 27, 2018

Monday miscellany - 27Aug2018

Ugh. Nothing like coming home after a long workday and a workout to find out that it's 84 degrees in the house because the A/C wasn't running. Fortunately rebooting it seems to have it working again, and it's finally starting to cool down.

What I've been reading... I don't think I read much, if any, this week, so I'm still very early in _Kill the Farm Boy_.

What I've been crafting... I used some leftover yarn to crochet a small blanket for DD's dog, to ride along with the framed piece I made last week. I've started working on the bottom band of the round-robin I mentioned last week, and hope to finish it this week before moving on to Violet Mandala.

Fumbling toward fitness... I did well at Curves last week, making it all 5 weekdays, and my Duolingo and Lumosity streaks continue to tick ever upwards. Treadmilling, well, that's another matter. I only did 3 days due to various excuses, and that's also reflected in my lack of reading this past week. I'm going to try to better on that this week, starting with tonight....once the inside temperature is down to something reasonable!

One Little Victory The tropics have been blissfully quiet for us so far this season, and nothing is coming up in the next few days. (Now, I hope I haven't jinxed us by saying that!)

No comments: