A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday miscellany - 20Aug2018

Another fairly quiet week here, but quiet is good.

What I've been reading... I started _Kill the Farm Boy_ by Delilah Dawson and Kevin Hearne, that purports to be a satire of common fantasy tropes. I'm only a chapter or two in, but it's promising so far.

What I've been stitching... I finished Needle Delights "Rainbow 2" and already have it framed and ready for its intended recipient. It was a very quick stitch, even on black canvas. Next up is to put the final band on my round-robin that I got back early this year, then I'll move back to Chatelaine "Violet Mandala", although that may not be this week....

Fumbling toward fitness... Probably closer to a faceplant than a fumble. I did make it by Curves on four weekdays, but also only treadmilled 4 days. I need to do better this week.

One Little Victory I got a chance to try Dogfish Head's Fruit-full Fort, a tasty berry-loaded beer that reminded me of a quad, a port, and a barleywine at various points while I was drinking it. It's also a bit of a heavy-hitter, coming in at 18%, so it's definitely one for sipping and savoring.

No comments: