A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, July 09, 2018

Monday miscellany - 9July2018

The one downside of vacationing away is that in a sense you need a vacation to recover, especially when you have laundry and other tasks to catch up on. We're pretty much caught up now, though.

What I've been reading... I don't think I've read at all for leisure the past week, so I'm still about 45% through _Wrath of Empire_.

What I've been stitching... Now stitching, I did do, and am continuing to make good progress on Dark Shards. I'm hoping to finish this month, which seems an achievable goal.

Fumbling toward fitness... Much fumbling, little fitness. I didn't make it by Curves or on the treadmill last week. I've already made it by Curves today, though, so I'm already ahead for this coming week. I'm still keeping up my Duolingo and Lumosity streaks, though. I've also started using the MyFitnessPal app again as of today, so hopefully that will be as helpful as the last time I used it regularly.

One Little Victory For the Fourth, we watched the Boston Pops on the Bloomberg channel. Their coverage was almost as good as A&E's used to be back in the day, and far better than when the major networks were covering it. Also, Rhiannon Giddens has an amazing voice, and I had never heard of her before last week.

No comments: