A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, July 16, 2018

Monday miscellany - 16July2018

Things are relatively quiet here, and I'm starting to get back into my routine.

What I've been reading... I've made some progress in McClellan's _Wrath of Empire_, and am now 59% through by my Kindle's reckoning.

What I've been stitching... Not too much stitching this week, but I have made some progress on Dark Shards.

Fumbling toward fitness... A marked improvement over last week - I made it by Curves 4 times and treadmilled 5 days. That's not fully up to routine, but I'm working on it. I have kept up with Duolingo and Lumosity, so those streaks are going strong.
I've been doing MyFitnessPal for over a week and have started to make small changes - the most notable being trying to drink my morning coffee black. It's a bit of a change for someone who 'likes a little coffee in her cream', but I figure that either I'll learn to like black coffee, or I'll drink less coffee and more tea. Either outcome would be an improvement over the ridiculous amount of calories I've been adding lately.

One Little Victory We found a very small craft brewery just a few blocks from home, and visited their taproom yesterday. We'll definitely be back.

No comments: