A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, July 02, 2018

Monday miscellany - 2July2018

It's a bit hard to believe that the year is half over already.

There was no update last week because DH and I were on vacation. I had a long weekend in Phoenix visiting with stitching friends, then we spent a wonderful week in Austin visiting his sister and her family. We enjoyed the visit and having downtime, as well as plentiful samplings of Austin's best food and craft brews.

Back to the grind today, however, and back to my normal routine.

What I've been reading... Flying almost always provides me ample time to read, and I read Brian McClellan's short story "The Siege of Tilpur", Brian Staveley's _Skullsworn_, and Jim Butcher's _Brief Cases_. I'm now about 45% through Brian McClellan's _Wrath of Empire_, the second book in his second Powder Mage trilogy.

What I've been stitching... Visiting stitching friends meant a fair bit of stitching time, and I'm now about 2/3 through Ink Circles "Dark Shards".

Fumbling toward fitness Being on vacation meant there wasn't much fitness happening, although I probably did manage to drink a litre of water every day. My Duolingo and Lumosity streaks are still going strong, so there's that.

One Little Victory Austin has some really neat craft breweries, ciderworks, and meaderies. Our favorite brewery visit this trip was to 4th Tap Brewing - all of their beers were great, and we really loved the vibe.

No comments: