A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Monday miscellany - 18June2018

Another drive-by blogging this week. It's been pretty hot here and we've had a couple of power hits the past week, which is a bit annoying but typical for summer in Florida.

What I've been reading... I did indeed start and finish Brian McClellan's novella "The Mad Lancers", which was another entertaining foray into the Powder Mage universe. I also read Brandon Sanderson's novella "Snapshot", a futuristic detective story. Up next is another Powder Mage short story, "The Siege of Tilpur", then I'll start Brian Staveley's _Skullsworn_.

What I've been stitching... I'm continuing to make steady progress on Ink Circles "Dark Shards", and am enjoying working on it.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves all 5 weekdays last week and did treadmill for at least 20 minutes every day, coming in about a mile short of last update's mark but still fairly steady. Duolingo and Lumosity streaks still going strong, at 166 and 163 days respectively.

One Little Victory I've added drinking at least 1 litre of water every day to my routine, and so far I've kept it up for a week straight. I probably should start tracking that under my fitness goal....

No comments: