A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, June 11, 2018

Monday miscellany - 11June2018

All quiet on the eastern front (or at least the eastern coast), so straight into status this week!

What I've been reading... Late last night I finished my visit with Father Brown. It was an enjoyable read. Next up is Brian McClellan's novella _The Mad Lancers_, which I should start, and finish, this week.

What I've been stitching...Dark Shards is stitching up quickly, especially when I'm making a dent in the DVR backlog.

Fumbling toward fitness... Much better this week - I made it by Curves every weekday, *and* treadmilled at least 20 minutes every day for a total of 9.5 miles. My Duolingo and Lumosity streaks are also still going strong. I'm going to try to achieve a similar result this week, because this is the pace I really want/need to be keeping.

One Little Victory I discovered Friday that BBC America would air a number of older X-Files episodes over the weekend, so I set up my DVR to catch them. Since X-Files is an older show, there's no need to record it in HD, so I set them to record in SD and watched down some of the HD recordings of other shows.

No comments: