A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, June 04, 2018

Monday miscellany - 4June2018

Not sure how it got to be June, and the start of hurricane season, already. Time certainly flies.

What I've been reading... I spent some time with Father Brown over the week, and am now on page 637 of 761.

What I've been stitching... I've spent some time on Ink Circles "Dark Shards", mostly while watching playoff hockey or catching up on Timeless. It's a fun stitch, and after all the dark fabric of Nativity, much easier on my eyes.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves 4 times last week, Monday being the exception because it was closed for Memorial Day. I even managed to treadmill 4 times, which is better than the past few weeks, but not exactly great. My Duolingo and Lumosity streaks are still intact, so at least one muscle is getting exercised....

One Little Victory This past weekend was the 1-year anniversary of my daughter adopting her beloved mini-dachshund, and he's gone from a scrawny and skittish little guy to such a loving, mischievous, spoiled bratwurst who we all adore. Rescue dogs are the best dogs.

No comments: