A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 07, 2018

Monday miscellany - 7May2018

The Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Boston Bruins last night to advance to the conference final! I'm somewhat torn on whether I want the Capitals to win their game against the Penguins tonight, or whether I want a game 7 so that whoever wins that series is tired when they play the Lightning. Ah, playoff hockey....

What I've been reading... Only a brief visit with Father Brown this week, making it to page 491 of 761. We did watch another episode of the BBC show, and are continuing to enjoy it.

What I've been stitching... I've started the camel's saddle and hump, and hope to finish everything but the metallics this week.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves all five weekdays. Sadly, I didn't treadmill quite that often. I am keeping on top of the mental exercises, though, with my Lumosity and Duolingo streaks holding steady. I really need to get a treadmill streak going again...

One Little Victory DH and I saw Spamalot at a local theatre, which was a lot of fun. We also discovered a new Spanish restaurant and I tried paella for the first time. Very tasty and we'll definitely have to go there again.

No comments: