A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday miscellany - 30Apr2018

Already the year is a third over and DD is nearly done with her freshman year of college. Time passes far too quickly sometimes!

What I've been reading... I spent a little more time with Chesterton's Father Brown, reaching page 467 of 761. DH has started reading it as well, and last night we watched one of the BBC series of that name. We found it enjoyable enough to set up a series record on the DVR.

What I've been stitching... I've finished all of the visible camel parts and have started on the saddle/hump area. I'm still hopeful that I can finish this before Pentecost.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves 4 times last week, and treadmilled for 6 miles, a slight improvement over last week. I was feeling poorly on Thursday and didn't work out at all, else my numbers would have been a little better. I did manage to continue my Lumosity and Duolingo streaks, at least.

One Little Victory DH and I discovered a new-to-us show called _Food: Fact or Fiction_, hosted by Michael McKean, and it is both educational and amusing. Although I suspect I have a greater appreciation for McKean's puns than DH does....

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I have caught a few episodes of Father Brown and enjoyed them all.