A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday miscellany - 12Feb2018

If one's A/C unit decides to start having issues, I must say that February is a far better time than August. Not that there's ever a *good* time for it to go on the fritz, especially when one discovers it at 3am. Fortunately we were able to get it working after resetting the breaker, but I'm having maintenance out later this week on it. I definitely don't want it giving up the ghost in August - been there, done that, wore the very sweaty t-shirt..

What I've been reading... I'm on page 1094 of Oathbringer, so only 154 pages to go. I might finish it by next update, depending on how much time I decide to give to reading.

What I've been crafting... I've stitched a bit more on Violet Mandala. Lent starts this week, so I'll be picking up the Nativity shepherd boy then, but I might still devote some time this week to Violet - I have a stopping-point in mind before I put it away until probably next February.

Fumbling toward fitness... Um. Well, I did well on the mental fitness and maintained my Duolingo and Lumosity streaks. Physical exercise kind of fell off the wagon and became a speed-bump for it - I only made it by Curves once and only treadmilled thrice. I do have excuses, but perhaps not terribly valid ones. So less said about that, the better. I'll try to do better this week.

One Little Victory I reached my 500th different beer at my favorite tavern, earning myself the title of Beer Guru and a little plaque on the wall. It's taken me about 5 years, probably, and I'm nowhere near the dedicated folks who have racked up 1000 or more, but so far I've at least managed such a milestone without having to order any of the well-known macrobrews, and I'd like to keep it that way.

For the record, that 500th beer was Southern Tier "Thick Mint", a stout that was very reminiscent of the similarly-named Girl Scout cookie. I definitely enjoyed it, and if you like Thin Mints and if you like beer, it's certainly worth checking out.

No comments: