A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Monday miscellany - 29Jan2018

Another week, and almost the end of the month. It seems the older I get, the faster time passes.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 977 of _Oathbringer_. Slow but steady progress, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

What I've been crafting... The middle section of Chatelaine "Violet Mandala" is continuing to grow and be filled in. I'm hoping to get done with the symmetrical areas before Lent and the switch back to working on Nativity.

Fumbling toward fitness... Another week of making it by Curves thrice, and slightly further on the treadmill - 6.31 miles over 117 minutes. I'm trying to increase that further this week. I also continued my Lumosity and Duolingo streaks to keep my mind sharp.

One Little Victory The roasted broccoli and brussels sprouts I made for dinner veg turned out quite well - just tossed in olive oil and Tuscan seasoning. Tuscan seasoning is good on a lot of things!

No comments: