A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday miscellany - 22Jan2018

The football season is nearly over, with the Patriots and Eagles both advancing to the Super Bowl. My Jaguars played well, but not quite well enough. Ah well, maybe next season.

On to the weekly updates!

What I've been reading... I'm on page 895 of _Oathbringer_, which is more progress than I made last week, but still not a great deal of progress. I've only read while on the treadmill this past week.

What I've been crafting... I spent much of the weekend stitching on Chatelaine's "Violet Mandala", and making good progress. It's an enjoyable and relaxing project.

Fumbling toward fitness... I made it by Curves thrice this past week, and treadmilled every day for a total of 6 miles over 2 hours. Still far from what I used to do, but I'm slowly making my way back. I also maintained my streaks in Duolingo and Lumosity for mental fitness.

One Little Victory I got my nails done last week for the first time in quite a few months. Pedicures have become a bit of a guilty splurge for myself on occasion.

No comments: