A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Monday miscellany - 6Feb17

Supposedly the groundhog saw its shadow, but we've seen no additional hints of winter yet down here. I guess it's all staying north for now.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 137 of 568 in Brian Staveley's _The Emperor's Blades_. Quite enjoyable, though I'd have to give a warning to folks who are sensitive to rough language. Some of the characters are soldier types, and they speak in a comparable manner. Fortunately it's not a heavy seasoning, so it doesn't bother me. It'll probably take me another week or two at my current pace to finish the book, but I anticipate getting the other two books in the trilogy.

What I've been crafting... I'm now past 50% on the Star of Donegal afghan, thanks to a certain big game last night. I also finished part 7 on _80 Stitches_ and am about 1/3 through part 8. I should finish that and start part 9 by this time next week.

Fumbling toward fitness... I only made it by Curves once, mostly due to other demands on my time. I treadmilled for 143 minutes and 7.6 miles, only about 2/3 of my usual output. Which I suppose is better than the 1/3 I managed for Curves. I'll do better this week, hopefully.

One Little Victory The week was busy, but the weekend was pleasantly low-key, and I was able to take advantage of that to recharge a bit.

No comments: