A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday miscellany - 30Jan17

We've had another 'winter' weekend, and as always I'm enjoying the cooler temperatures for the brief days they're around.

What I've been reading... I finished Chesterton's _Ballad of the White Horse_, a worthwhile read for lovers of epic poetry. I've since started Brian Staveley's _The Emperor's Blades_, the first of the Chronicles of the Unhewn Throne series. I'm enjoying it so far.

What I've been crafting... I didn't crochet at all, but I am on part 7 (of 24) of Papillon Creations "Around the World in 80 Stitches". Admittedly, I had finished part 6 before it got backburnered several years ago, but I was able to get a few hours into it over the past week. I'm hoping to finish part 7 and start part 8 this week, but I also anticipate I'll get more crochet time on Star of Donegal during the big game this weekend.

Fumbling toward fitness... I'm nearly back on track again. I made it by Curves twice, and did 195 minutes for 10.48 miles on the treadmill.

One Little Victory I'm glad to have been able to sleep in and enjoy the cooler weather over the weekend.

No comments: