A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday miscellany - 23Jan17

This past week was fairly busy. We had friends visiting the area from up north, and we spent some time with them.

What I've been reading... I finished Randall Munroe's _What If?_, and have started G.K.Chesterton's _Ballad of the White Horse_. That is pretty short, and next up is Brian Staveley's _The Emperor's Blades_, the first book in a trilogy recommended by a coworker.

What I've been crafting... I did very little crafting this week - maybe an hour on Papillon Creations' _Around the World in 80 Stitches_, and maybe an hour or two on the Star of Donegal afghan.

Fumbling toward fitness I didn't make it by Curves at all. I did only 170 minutes on the treadmill for 9.09 miles.

One Little Victory Visiting with friends we hadn't seen in over a year, and spending a good Saturday afternoon playing board games and card games with DD were both time well spent. Goals can take a backseat to more important things like friends and family.

No comments: