A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday miscellany - 13Feb17

The days and weeks continue their relentless pace, and I lose track of time. I'll be marking another birthday this coming week, and I wonder how I got to my late 40s without really noticing...

What I've been reading... I'm on page 345 of 568 in Brian Staveley's _The Emperor's Blades_, and am enjoying it enough that I plan to get the rest of the trilogy. It's unlikely I'll start book 2 this week, however.

What I've been crafting... I'm nearly finished with part 8 of _Around the World in 80 Stitches_, and plan to finish it and part 9 this week. I also have a new start planned for my birthday. I've only done an hour or so on Star of Donegal, so that's going pretty slowly at present.

Fumbling toward fitness... I did make it by Curves thrice this week, for the first time in several weeks. I also did 194 minutes for 10.53 miles on the treadmill, so overall I'm almost back to where I once was in terms of an exercise routine.

One Little Victory I love it when a book I've pre-ordered shows up on my Kindle bright and early on release day. The latest surprise was Neil Gaiman's _Norse Mythology_, which showed up Tuesday morning.

No comments: