A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday miscellany - 20Feb17

Last week was rather busy, between Valentine's Day, my birthday, and getting DD ready to go on a short trip. This week will definitely be quieter, with a foretaste of the empty nest.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 479 of 568 in _The Emperor's Blades_, and should move on to book 2 this week.

What I've been crafting... I finished part 8 of Papillon Creations _Around the World in 80 Stitches_, and treated myself to a new start, Chatelaine _Violet Patch_, violets being February's birth flower. With the temporary empty nest, I may actually make decent progress on it this week.

Fumbling toward fitness... I didn't do so well on fitness this week, partly because of other demands on my time, and partly due to a flareup of plantar fasciitis. I only made it to Curves once, and did 142 minutes for 7.63 miles on the treadmill. Hopefully this week will be better, and my foot will be more cooperative.

One Little Victory I had a wonderful birthday dinner with all of the offspring at a local Mediterranean place. Lamb kebabs hit the spot!

No comments: