A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Monday miscellany - 27Feb17

February has flown by! We had a good and quiet week with the empty nest preview, and DD had a great week in St. Croix - enough so that she made us promise not to ever go there without her. Someday, perhaps. The Caribbean is not really high on my list of places to visit, but it does have its moments.

What I've been reading... I finished Brian Staveley's _The Emperor's Blades_, and started book 2, _The Providence of Fire_. I'm only a couple pages in out of 718, so this may take me a while unless I get on a serious reading kick.

What I've been crafting... The bulk of my productivity this week has been here. Violet Patch is working up rather swiftly! I will be putting it aside when Lent starts this week, to focus my attention to the Nativity magi panel again, but here's my progress to date:
Violet mandala - inner square
Many of the blank areas will have beads, but I will attach those at the end.

Fumbling toward fitness I've deliberately taken it easy this past week, as I'm still resting my foot. Plantar fasciitis sucks, and I hate when it hurts to walk. Fortunately it does seem to have eased a bit, but I'm going to give it a few more days of rest.

One Little Victory A restful week with a lot of stitching was good for my soul.

1 comment:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

This is such a beautiful piece. I love to work in purples and blues. I'm sorry you've got pain in your foot, but I'm glad that you've been able to use that time off your feet to do some amazing stitching.