A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Monday miscellany - 29May17

No, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, although the lack of weekly updates in the past 3 months might indicate otherwise. Things have just been insanely busy lately, and it's all too easy to get out of the habit.

So I need to get back on track, and I may as well start now!

What I've been reading... I've actually not been reading much lately, and am still only about 1/4 through Brian Staveley's The Providence of Fire, which I had just started last update. It should not be a knock on the book, though, as I'm quite enjoying it. I just haven't been reading much.

What I've been crafting... This is where the bulk of my limited free time has gone. I am very close to finishing the Nativity magi panel - I just have a headdress and some light rays to finish. I had set myself a goal of finishing by Pentecost, which is this upcoming Sunday, and that's still a reasonable goal.

Fumbling toward fitness... I must shamefully admit that I haven't been able to make it to Curves in over a month, and it's been about that long since I got on the treadmill. I really need to get off my duff and correct that.

One Little Victory DD has graduated high school, with school honors in Calculus and French. She also turned 18. I would count those as more than just a little victory. It's a little overwhelming in some ways to realize that for practically the first time in my adult life, I have no minor children to raise. New adventures lie ahead!

No comments: