A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Monday Miscellany - 6Jun16

We're in for some windy and wet weather here over the next day or so, courtesy of TS Colin, and hurricane season has just barely started. We certainly aren't in any danger - we get worse weather from summer storms. Such is life in Florida.

What I've been reading... I've started book 4 of Robert Bevan's _Caverns and Creatures_, and am about 80% done with the Kindle 4-pack. It's definitely not high literature, and is a bit NSFW for language, but it is quite a fun read. I might finish it and start on the associated short story compilations (_d6_, _2d6_, _3d6_) this week, but I don't think I'll be done with everything this week.

What I've been crafting... I didn't craft as much as I'd expected, given that I was on staycation, but I am about 60% done with Sea Dragon Shawl. I'll probably do more tonight during the hockey game.

Fumbling toward fitness... Two more Curves workouts, and 219 minutes on the treadmill for 11.88 miles. I'd say I'm holding pretty steady.

One Little Victory I took last week off work, and got a fair bit accomplished around the house, including replacing a broken mailbox post. I also got to sleep in most days, which has been quite relaxing.

No comments: