A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 09, 2016

Monday Miscellany - 9May16

I had a very nice Mother's Day yesterday - lunch out with my husband and daughter, then a quiet afternoon and evening watching hockey and other TV. It's nice to have downtime.

What I've been reading... I'm on page 199 of 381 in _2113_, the collection of short stories inspired by Rush. The story I just finished was inspired by "I Think I'm Going Bald", believe it or not. I may finish the book this week, but we'll see.

What I've been crafting... I've done a little bit on the magi panel for Nativity, but maybe only an hour or so. Same with knitting on Sea Dragon Shawl. I did design and have started stitching on the last piece for a round robin I'm in. I should finish that this week, then back to the magi panel.

Fumbling toward fitness... I've been very consistent about getting by Curves twice a week, and I maintained that pace this week. I also got back on track with the treadmill, doing 213 minutes for 10.97 miles.

One Little Victory My oldest grandson had his First Communion on Saturday, which was a good milestone.
In more temporal news, the Lightning beat the Islanders in 5 games to advance to round 3. Last year they went to the Finals but lost, but I'm hoping the Cup is in their future this year.

No comments: