A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, May 23, 2016

Monday Miscellany - 23May16

Milestones come upon us so quickly! Daughter's junior year is nearly at an end, and since last entry, she celebrated a birthday. I feel old, and proud, and wondering where the time has gone.

What I've been reading... I finished _2113_, and started a kindle compilation of Robert Bevan's _Caverns and Creatures_ series - a somewhat guilty pleasure read about the adventures of a tabletop gaming group who falls afoul of their gamemaster and end up in the gameworld...as their characters. Hijinks ensue. I've barely started, but DH laughed rather frequently while reading it, and I'm enjoying it so far.

What I've been crafting I reached the halfway point on Sea Dragon Shawl! I've finished all the increase wedges, and have started the decreases. I also realized I was making a minor technical error with the wrap+turn, but I'll do it properly from now on. Knitting is a good thing to do while watching playoff hockey!

Fumbling toward fitness... Another two workouts at Curves, and I did well on the treadmill this past week - 219 minutes for 11.35 miles. That's my best week this year, and I hope to match it this week.

One Little Victory At her school's underclassmen awards ceremony, daughter took an award (excellence for best in the class, or merit for second best) for every single class she's taking this year. We're very proud of her!

Oh, and she dragged me outside last night to see Mars. I have now seen Mars with my naked eye, and a bonus Saturn to boot. That was quite cool.

No comments: