A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Monday Miscellany - 4Apr16

Nothing like getting a cold to throw a wrench in one's progress. I woke up Thursday morning feeling very much under the weather, and consequently spent through the weekend resting and recuperating. I'm feeling mostly better now - my head is clear and I'm not coughing quite so much, but my energy level is still short of 100%. So don't be surprised that this past week was not my most productive.

What I've been reading... I did finish Pope Francis' book _The Name of God is Mercy_, which I enjoyed. Very readable. I haven't started another book yet, but I just received _2113_, a compilation of short stories inspired by Rush songs. DH is reading it now, but I will certainly start it when he's done.

What I've been crafting... I made more progress on the Summer Mist afghan, and last night I used up the last of one color of yarn, so I'm about to wrap it up. I still plan to pick up the Magi panel when I'm done, assuming I do finish the afghan this week.

Fumbling toward fitness... Only one workout at Curves, and a measly 90 minutes and 4.5 miles on the treadmill. I didn't treadmill at all from Thursday until this morning, and then it was only 10 minutes instead of 15. My goal for this week is to treadmill at least a little every day, even if it's not for a full 30 minutes, until I have more energy.

One Little Victory One good thing about not having the energy to do much other than sleep and stare at the TV is that I managed to get caught up on the History Channel series _Vikings_. I hadn't seen season 3 yet and it's well into season 4. So I suppose I was productive, if one counts clearing shows off the DVR!

No comments: