A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Monday Miscellany - 28Mar16

Happy Easter! DH and I had given up meat for Lent this year, so we treated ourselves to Brazilian steakhouse for dinner tonight. Meat buffet - yum!

What I've been reading... I finished _Unnatural Creatures_, and I'm about 2/3 through Pope Francis' book _The Name of God is Mercy_. I have it on Kindle, and so don't have a current page or total page count. I should finish it before next week, then I'm back to deciding which of the extensive list of unread books to read next.

What I've been crafting... I'm still working on the Summer Mist afghan. I'm maybe 3/4 done, I estimate, but since I'm basically crocheting until I run out of a color, it is tricky to judge. After that, I plan to pick up the Magi panel of the giant MarBek _Nativity_. I started this panel over a year ago, but haven't made much progress, so I need to get back into it.

Fumbling toward fitness... Two more Curves workouts this past week, so I'm maintaining that pace. I also did 215 minutes on the treadmill for 10.75 miles - notably better than last week. Hopefully I can get close to that again this week.

One Little Victory I've been continuing to get up at 5:45am on workday mornings and treadmill for 15 minutes before I shower and get ready for work. It's settling in to a habit, although I'm not planning to move the alarm any earlier at this time. 5:45 is early enough!

No comments: