A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday miscellany - 11Jan16

Well, already I've blogged more than I did in all of 2015, so I'm off to a good start.

I woke up this morning to find my Facebook feed in mourning over the passing of David Bowie. I admit I'm mostly just familiar with his hits, such as "Space Oddity" and "Modern Love", and I liked his duet with Queen ("Under Pressure") and his duet with Bing Crosby ("Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth") is one of my favorite popular Christmas songs. But he's most memorable to me as the Goblin King in the movie Labyrinth.

But anyway, now that I'm done waxing nostalgic, it's time for a status update.

What I've been reading: I'm on page 252 of 656 in Warbreaker. I've mostly just been reading on the treadmill, so I may not finish this by next week.

What I've been crafting: I finished 5th side panel and am about 2/3 done with the 6th panel for my Tunisian afghan. However, since I've used multiple brands of yarns (to get the palette I wanted), two of those panels came out rather larger than the others, so I may redo those in a different yarn brand to be more consistent. So I'm really only on panel 4.

Fumbling toward fitness: I've done well on the treadmill since last week, clocking at least 25 minutes a day, often more. In total, 183 minutes for 9.28 miles. Slow but steady.

One Little Victory: Not only did I get caught up with laundry and unpacking, but I also took a carload of items to the thrift store that had been accumulating for a few months.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Glad to see a familiar face blogging again, good luck with your goals!