A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 04, 2016

Monday miscellany - 4Jan16

Here goes, the first (hopefully) weekly update about what I've been up to over the past week. Just keeping it simple.

What I've been reading: Last night I finished Words of Radiance, the second book in Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight series. That was a whopping 1080 pages, so I'm already over 10% closer to my reading goal for the year! And I did read nearly all of it this year, most of it on the plane back from Munich on New Years Day. I'm continuing my Sanderson kick by starting the standalone novel Warbreaker, though I've only read the prologue so far.

What I've been crafting: I'm working on the 5th side panel of Red Heart's Timeless Tunisian crochet afghan, but in periwinkle/blues instead of the pattern colors. I've never done Tunisian crochet before starting this project, so this was a new technique for me. I should be on the 6th and final panel by next week, then I need to put it all together.

Exercising: So far, I've managed at least 20 minutes per day on the treadmill since I've been back, though I've not been on yet tonight. I've also done Lumosity for 3 consecutive days, to exercise my brain as well as my body.

One Little Victory: (I'll use this segment to comment on something positive about the past week.) I've just about finished laundry and unpacking from vacation. It's been a productive day.

No comments: