A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, November 01, 2013

PostWIPocalyptica - October update


I'm late to the party again - November has arrived without an October post.

Most of my stitching this month has been on Teresa Wentzler's Fantasy Triptych. Last October, I ended at 8 hours. I'm now at 28:
Fantasy Triptych - 28 hours
(Click for larger image)

I finished the framework, and any of the backstitching that could be done before the scenes are filled in. Now that October is over, it's going away for another year. Still, I wanted to get the framework done this year and I accomplished that.

I did spend a little bit of time on Convent Herbal Garden. Only a few hours, though, for a cumulative time of 130 hours:
Convent Herbal Garden - 130 hours
(Click for larger image)

I'll be focusing on this piece most of November, so there should hopefully be more to show off next update.


I actually spent a fair bit of time reading this month. I'm on book 4 of Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series, and am quite enjoying it. The Codex Alera series is quite different in flavor and writing style from Butcher's more famous Dresden Files series - think Romans with something akin to elemental magic, and political intrigue up to one's eyeballs. I certainly recommend it.

1 comment:

Angie said...

lovely stitching