A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, September 30, 2013

PostWIPocalyptica - September update


Farewell to September, and hello to autumn. Such as we get down here in Florida, anyway. It's finally getting into the low 70s at night, which is a nice change.

Almost all of my stitching this month was spent on Convent Herbal Garden, and I did finish the scrolling hedge as I had hoped. This is at 118 hours:
Convent Herbal Garden - 118 hours
(Click for larger image)


Here's a closeup of one of the corners.
Convent Herbal Garden - corner closeup
(Click for larger image)


But wait....there's more! I also did the east gate, and am at just under 124 hours of progress. That's a staggering (for me) 22 hours of stitching this month!
Convent Herbal Garden - east gate
(Click for larger image)


I will say that Anchor Marlitt is a bit of a pain to stitch with, and I kind of wish I'd subbed Petite Treasure Braid for it, but I don't feel like frogging it now.

Hold on to your seats, because I also finished part 4 of Papillon's Around the World in 80 Stitches.
80 Stitches, part 4
(Click for larger image)



In non-stitching news, I reached my 500th consecutive treadmill/walk day yesterday. I've covered 595 miles over 210 hours. I never imagined I'd keep the streak going this long, but since I have...onward to 600!

No comments: