A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

PostWIPocalyptica - August update


Wow, I'm actually posting the August update in August...imagine that...

Most of this month's stitching was on Stars for a New Millennium - the sashing between squares is done:
Stars for a New Millennium - sashing
(Click for larger image)


It felt good to be working on other projects again, though because the sashing took a while, I did very little stitching on anything else.

I finished another small Mill Hill kit called "Music" about two days after my last post:
MH Music
This was another purse project, and I have another on the go. Very useful for waiting.

Today I picked up Chatelaine "Convent Herbal Garden" for the first time since February, and have put two hours in for a total 102 so far. I'll be getting back to it, and college football, once I finish this post.
Convent Herbal Garden - 102 hours
(Click for larger image)


I hope to finish the scrolling hedge before next update, and hopefully a bit more progress as well.

I may also pick up Papillon's "Around the World in 80 Stitches" - I'm still halfway through part 4 where I left off a few months ago, but the pattern has been released through part 13.



In non-stitching progress, I'm up to 471 consecutive walking days. My walk earlier today was 45 minutes - a bit exhausting but I'll get used to it.

No comments: