A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Friday, May 31, 2013

PostWIPocalyptica - May update


Once again, the WIPocalypse falls at the end of a month. It's been a whirlwind of a month - I now have a highschooler! With all of the end-of-school-year preparation and events, I didn't accomplish what I'd hoped stitching-wise

Not surprisingly, I didn't finish Nativity this month. I'm at 209 hours, which is already over the 200-hour estimate. At this point, even 225 seems a bit ambitious. I do hope it's under 250. Still, 30 hours this month is not too bad. Here's how it stands now - again, no changes to the bottom:
Marbek Nativity at 209 hours
(Click for larger image)

I'm close to being done with the lower halves of both angels, and once that happens, I'll be able to move my Q-snaps up once more and finish the star. I am really hoping to get this complete by the end of June...

Surprisingly, I actually completed part 3 of Papillon's "Around the World in 80 Stitches" while having my car serviced. Not only that, but I'm halfway through part 4:
Around the World in 80 Stitches, into part 4.
(Click for larger image)


So I guess it actually has been a good month of stitching after all. I just sorely underestimated on hours for Nativity.

No progress on Convent Herbal Garden or Stars for a New Millennium this time. Maybe there will be progress next month.


In non-stitching projects, I am now at 389 consecutive treadmill days - more than a year. DH is at 190 consecutive days, so we're both going strong.

My car was paid off in full last week as well, so that was another milestone.

We have a new addition to the family - Wensleydale the hedgehog. We call her Wenney for short. She's less than 3 months old, but she's practically doubled in size in the 3 weeks we've had her:
Wenney the hedgie
Isn't she cute? She's still a bit shy and spikes up a lot, but hopefully she'll warm up to us. In the meantime, we bask in her cuteness.

1 comment:

Karin said...

Great progress on the stitching! And Wenney is adorable!