2012 was a busy year, with triumphs and challenges. Raising a teenager tends to fall into both categories. DH and I each lost our lone surviving grandparent over the year, and we lost a beloved priest at our parish as well. But when all 3 of those parties are in their late 80s (or in DH's grandmother's case, 90), it's just the next stage of a life well lived.
The family took a trip to Toronto over the summer, which was an enjoyable mini-vacation for us all.
My main triumph for 2012 was being able to lose 20 pounds, although I suspect some of that snuck back on over the holidays. It won't be staying long, I hope. The treadmill I got back in May has certainly helped with that.
But without further ado, it's time to say goodbye to 2012 Goals and hello to new ones for 2013.
- Read 5000 pages - I blew this one out of the water, reading 7883 pages! Of course, reading on the treadmill has been a big factor here.
- Do 10 101List items - I started a new list back in January, and a number of them are in progress, but I only managed to complete 7, alas.
- Lorien to Rauros - As I was almost there last year, I easily made this one, and moved on to...
- Rauros to Isengard (Aragorn's path) I'm at 456 of 484 miles - 94% of the way there!
This generic set of goals has worked out rather well for me, so I'll basically keep it as is.
- Read 5000 pages
- Do 10 101List items
- Rauros to Isengard (Aragorn's path) With less than 30 miles to go, and a treadmill, I should be there by the end of the month, and I can move on...
- Isengard to Minas Tirith (Aragorn's path)
I've just completed consecutive days on the treadmill, and it's nearly midnight. Happy New Year!