A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Under pressure on St. Pat's Day

Not me, my corned beef! Our local Irish place is always insanely packed on St. Patrick's Day, so I'm making my own corned beef and cabbage.

Right now I have a corned beef brisket, some seasonings, and a bottle of Smithwicks in my pressure cooker, which is merrily steaming away. After about an hour, I'll pop the lid, throw in the cabbage and carrots (I was a dork and forgot potatoes), and put it on for another 5-10 minutes. We'll see how it turns out - last time I made corned beef in the pressure cooker it turned out fairly well, so I am optimistic about the results.

It's certainly smelling quite nice at the moment!

In any case, there's a Guinness with my name on it in the fridge, so life will be good later no matter how it turns out.

Slainte!

No comments: