A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Doin' the iPod shuffle!

Don't get too excited, it's just a meme. But I saw it on Valerie's blog and thought it looked cool, so here you have it.
Step 1: Put your iPod or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the 1st line from the first 30 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song. And it doesn't have to be perfect if you can't understand the lyrics word for word.
Step 3: Let everyone guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Bold the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!



  1. Just like the white-winged dove sings a song, sounds like she's singing "ooh ooh ooh" - Stevie Nicks, "Edge of Seventeen" (DH)
  2. She came down from Cincinnati, it took her three days on the train - Jimmy Buffett, "Fins" (Margaret)
  3. He's got a roadmap of Jupiter, radar fix on the stars all along the highway - Rush, "Dreamline" (Gonna give DH credit since he could name the album)
  4. When I was a lad in a fishin' town, me old man said to me "You can spend your life your jolly life just sailin' on the sea" - Great Big Sea, "The Mermaid" (DH)
  5. You say yes, I say no. You say stop and I say go go go - Beatles, "Hello Goodbye" (Jacqui)
  6. Someone told me long ago there's a calm before the storm - Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" (Darla)
  7. Alright, I've got something to say. It's better to burn out than to fade away - Def Leppard, "Rock of Ages" (DH)
  8. My sister got lucky, married a yuppie, took him for all he was worth. - Tom Petty, "Yer So Bad" (DH)
  9. Turn my back to the wind to catch my breath before i start off again
  10. Ignore reality there's nothing you can do about it
  11. I walk along the avenue, I never thought I'd meet a girl like you - Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran" (Kay)
  12. Well we all have a face that we hide away forever - Billy Joel, "The Stranger" (Margaret)
  13. The sun is a mass of incandescent gas - They Might Be Giants, "Why Does the Sun Shine?" (DH)
  14. Welcome to the grand illusion, come on in and see what's happ'nin - Styx, "Grand Illusion" (DH)
  15. I get up in the evening, and I ain't got nothing to say - Bruce Springsteen, "Dancing in the Dark" (Kay)
  16. You know I can be found sittin' all alone - Elvis, "Don't Be Cruel"
  17. All day, staring at the ceiling making friends with shadows on my wall - Matchbox 20, "Unwell" (Chiasmata)
  18. Well come gather all around me There is something you should know
  19. She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean - AC/DC, "You Shook Me All Night Long" (Claire)
  20. Well I've been waiting, waiting here so long - Genesis, "Invisible Touch" (one of DD's favorite songs)
  21. I catch the paperboy, but things don't really change - David Bowie, "Modern Love" (DH)
  22. Look at this photograph, every time I do it makes me laugh - Nickelback, "Photograph" (Margaret)
  23. You don't remember me but I remember you
  24. The queen of light took her bow and then she turned to go - Led Zeppelin, "Battle of Evermore" (Polimex)
  25. There's something wrong with the world today, I don't know what it is - Aerosmith, "Living on the Edge" (Sara)
  26. Dark in the city, night is a wire, steam in the subway, earth is a fire
  27. And she was lying in grass and she could hear the highway breathing
  28. Well I'm gonna raise a fuss, yes I'm gonna raise a holler - "Summertime Blues" (Darla) - Rush did the particular cover I have on my iPod.
  29. He was born a sailor's son, Nothing came easy or free - Great Big Sea, "Lucky Me" (DH)
  30. Midnight, gettin' uptight, where are you? You said you'd meet me now it's quarter to two. - Joan Jett, "I Hate Myself for Loving You" (Polimex)


This is only a subset of the iPod - I have a lot of classical and choral stuff on my iPod so I've restricted it to my car playlist (which is rather eclectic as it is). I also skipped over a few where the title was in the first line (for example "You ain't nothing but a hound dog").

Anyway, have fun.

No comments: