A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Vacations

Just got back from a week's vacation up in the mountains of Virginia. We've been up there before, and we really love it up there. (I wouldn't mind retiring there, to be honest). I really like getting to where there is real weather and terrain.

The only problem with vacation is coming home. I'm glad to be home, but I don't miss having to learn to breathe water again, and I *certainly* didn't miss the mid-90F that is outside temperature today. Or the unpacking and trying to get resettled into one's routine that always follows vacation - one needs a vacation to recover from vacation!

Surprisingly, I didn't miss net access much. Maybe that's a good thing.

No comments: