A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

148 down, ? to go...

I just realized it's been over a week since I've blogged. Life continues here at Alternate Dementia, busy but not particularly noteworthy.

I haven't stitched since the first week of January, but I have been doing a lot of crochet on DD's First Communion veil.
Communion veil at 148 motifs
Click for larger image

The one 'missing' motif in the lower corner is there to remind me which side is 'up' - with a size 8 steel hook and size 30 crochet cotton, it's a little hard to tell by looking at the motifs themselves. I'm up to 148 motifs, and since I don't know a definite size, I'm playing it by ear. Whatever I have done by the end of March will be pretty much it - I still need to make the dress!

In designing news, I have two smalls in the works that I hope to have out by the end of the month. I will go ahead and spill that one is a St. Patrick's Day design....
I haven't forgotten about the Spring bookmark, either - it also is in the works.

In other news, Lent is just over a week away, and I'm still trying to think about what I want to do. I've decided I'm going to give up the snooze button (again) and soft drinks (a recent vice caused partly by a surplus from our Super Bowl party). I still need to decide what I'm going to take up, though. Maybe something I can do with the time gained by not pounding the snooze button!

No comments: