A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Eccentric, or weird?

I've been de facto tagged by both Shannon and Angi to come up with six weird things about myself.

Now it could be argued that there are many weird things about me...the tricky part is arriving at six items suitable for public consumption. Let's see...
  1. I can bend my elbows at an approximately 210° angle. This makes for a great gross-out trick where I interlace my fingers, palms outward, and touch the insides of my elbows together.
  2. I met my DH online, back when we had to explain what the Internet was to people, and accepted his marriage proposal the first time I saw him in person.
  3. On average, I watch rather more televised sports than DH, although we both like the same sports.
  4. I intensely dislike physically shopping. There are specific exceptions, such as needlework stores and bookstores, but for the most part I tend to be "get in, get item, get out". I avoid the mall as much as possible.
  5. I am almost obsessive about having my hands clean, even when I'm not stitching.
  6. I have in memory the SSN of everyone in my household as well as a large array of birthdays, account numbers, and other numeric sequences. Recently my being able to rattle off several of them while sitting at my sewing machine prompted my DsS to ask DH if I had a chip in my head. I guess some things are weird even by my family's definition!

Now, would it be better to be weird, or eccentric?

No comments: