A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Thinking outside my box....

DD has complained lately about how hard it is to be the only child in a household of adults. Hearing some of the specifics, though, it occurred to me that there's another factor in play that makes things tricky as well...

DD is a lone Extravert in a household of Introverts. (More specifically, in Myers-Briggs terms, she's a lone Extraverted Feeler in a household of Introverted Thinkers..) With DH, DsS and I all being both adult and introvert, she really can't help but think it's an adult-or-child thing when that's not the whole story. No wonder DD feels so left out sometimes!

I can find plenty of info online on how to parent an Introverted child, but I haven't found anything on how Introvert parents should interact with an Extravert child.

DH and I need to start thinking *way* outside our boxes!

No comments: