A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Rivendell!

Rivendell, illustrated by J.R.R. Tolkien himself
Illustration by J.R.R. Tolkien

At long last, I have completed my Walk to Rivendell! I admit that I used my exercise bike to cover the latter half of the journey, but I'm there. And the exerbike is still exercise, which is the whole point...
Onward now to Lorien!

It's been a productive weekend. Not only did I reach Rivendell, but I also spent yesterday cutting the fabric for the hunter-green formal dress I mentioned last month. My goal for this coming week is to finish the bodice.

In between actually being moderately productive, I've been digging out CDs I haven't listened to in years, to populate my new iPod. I love my iPod - it's been especially useful while attending to domestrivia!

That, and I think my family derives some amusement from my being wired up....

No comments: