A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Accidental Employee

DsS needed a new pair of shoes because the soles on his current pair were falling apart. So off we went to the shoe store.

The shoe store is right near the fabric and craft store, which I also needed to hit at some point in the not-too-distant future. Since I'm not a big fan of physical shopping and prefer to minimize trips if at all possible, I decided to drag him with me into that as well. My mission was to get fabric for DD's First Communion dress and for an evening dress for me for an upcoming formal affair. We came out with that...plus a job for DsS.

DD had picked out some white satin jacquard, and I had chosen a hunter green satin, and as we were at the counter getting our fabric cut, DsS struck up a conversation with the clerk. After she had commented about being short-staffed, he asked if they were hiring. She produced an application, and to make a long story short, while DD and I finished our shopping and checked out, DsS interviewed, and got, his first paying job.

All in all, not a bad shopping trip!

No comments: