A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Quote to ponder...

I came across the following quote last night, and it struck a chord with me:
"To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything, and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly broken....
....The only place outside Heaven where you can be safe from all the dangers and perturbations of love is Hell."
- C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

There was once a time when I would have liked to have been like the rock mentioned in the Simon and Garfunkel song "I Am a Rock". Perhaps fortunately, I never quite succeeded in that, and looking back I think my life would be much poorer if I had.

Yes, an island never cries, but neither does it smile.

No comments: