A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Just an update...

Taking a lead from Christine, it's probably time for me to offer proof that I'm doing more than just sitting around watching playoff hockey.

The first update is to DD's First Communion veil, done with size 30 thread and a #8 steel crochet hook. Hockey has been good for this - I generally average a square a game, sometimes two. I've discovered that my aging fingers can't really support so fine a work for more than two motifs at a time, alas.
thread crochet veil

The other is to a project I've been keeping in my purse to work on when I have a few spare moments - Assisi Sampler. I've decided I like having something small and portable on the go - it fills minutes that would be otherwise wasted.
Assisi Sampler

In other hobby news, I'm about 2/3 of the way through Sharon Kay Penman's The Sunne in Splendour, a historical fiction novel about the life of Richard III. This is one of my all-time favorite books, and with a trip to Yorkshire coming later this month, I figured now would be a good time for a reread.

But I won't be reading during tonight's game. I'm hoping that now the Oilers are back in Edmonton, that they can win tonight and force a Game 7!

No comments: