A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Breaking the curve...

So a few minutes ago, we got a call from a survey agency, looking to survey a female 18-65. After the usual intro and pleasantries, the conversation went something like this:
Surveyer: On a scale of 1-7, with 1 being 'strongly disagree' and 7 being 'strongly agree', please state your reaction to each of the following statements.
"I enjoy adventure and experiencing new things"
Me: 6
Surveyer: "The shower is the high point of my day"
Me:The shower?? Um...3. (It's just a shower...geez...)
Surveyer:(after some hesitation) "I spend as much time as possible in the shower"
Me:Um...3 (Uh...I get clean. Why hold up the works?)
Surveyer: (after some hesitation) "I spend a lot of money on my hygiene routine"
Me:Um...3 (Don't usually wear makeup or anything...)
(Questions continue in similar vein, with "Um...3" being the litany from my side)
Surveyer:(after awkward silence) Is there another female aged 18-65 in your household?
Me:No, just me.
Surveyer:(awkward pause) Okaaaay. Thank you for your time.

It put DH in mind of the "Castle Loimbard" scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail:
Galahad: "Is there someone *else* up there we can talk to?"
French Mercenary: "NO. Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-uh!"

I bet the surveyer is still cursing me for skewing her numbers. And I think DH may finally have stopped laughing.

For the moment.

No comments: