A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Not so fast...

So far, my Lent has gotten off to a decent start. I did not hit the snooze button this morning, and DD was well-behaved so I have not yet been challenged in my resolution not to yell at her. Of course, today is not over yet, but it's a good start at least. I even did the daily readings this morning! No ashes yet, though - I'm going to the 7pm Mass tonight.

My struggle right now is with the fast. And the mind is a curious organ - some days I can be busy or such and forget to eat lunch, or go all day without snacking... yet *knowing* I'm fasting makes me very aware that I'm hungry!

I can't wait to get home and have dinner - DsD is making homemade mac&cheese tonight.

No comments: