A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

The threads of life...

..are sometimes cut untimely short.

I found out today that one of my online friends and regular blog readers, Laura Watkiss, passed away suddenly this weekend. She was only in her 20s, and leaves behind a relatively new husband and a house in the process of being built.

My last memory of her was a trade-off on the 'fake memory' meme, where we completely disregarded the Mythbusters warning to "don't try this at home", and got in serious virtual trouble. My earliest memories are of Farscape, and discussions of the "iron ring" that Canadian engineers wear. I never had the honor of meeting her in real life, since she was on the other side of the continent in Vancouver, and I regret that I didn't know her better. I hope that someday I may get the opportunity in the next life.

Eternal rest, grant unto her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments: