A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Five alive...

Once again, I've received a caffeinated tag, and since I'm too brainfried to think of anything meaningful, I'll meme y'all again.

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Enjoying a business trip to Duluth, MN and sampling some microbrews at the hotel I stayed in.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
Stitching Last Supper, and looking forward to a trip to Germany.

Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
1. Dark chocolate!
2. Pudding (chocolate or tapioca. Banana pudding sucks!)
3. Berries (especially raspberries or blueberries)
4. "The Works" potato chips
5. Carrots

Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
Well, there are a lot I know all the lyrics to (actually singing them is another matter - I can't do that), but here are a few. Just to give a representative sampling.
1. Piano Man - Billy Joel
2. Puff the Magic Dragon - Peter, Paul and Mary
3. Ave Maria
4. Limelight - Rush
5. Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Give a nice chunk to both our parish and my favorite charity
2. Pay off everything including the mortgage.
3. Set money aside for the kids' college fund.
4. Move north!
5. Spend more time travelling, especially to Europe.

Five bad habits:
1. Grinding my teeth at night.
2. Cracking my knuckles.
3. Telling bad puns (DH would put this at #1, methinks)
4. Waiting until my idiot light comes on to refuel my car.
5. Oh, and procrastinating.
5b And punting on meme tags!

Five things you like doing: In no particular order...
1. Reading
2. Needlework (including yarnwork)
3. Pencil and paper RPGs
4. Travelling (to certain places, anyway)
5. Puzzles (especially pencil puzzles or trivia games)

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
I assume this means something I did once?
1. Short (above the knee) skirts.
2. Any clothing in day glo colors (goodbye 80s!)
3. Any shirt or swimsuit that exposes my midriff (the world is happier that way, trust me!)
4. Tarot cards (had a collection that I got rid of when I converted..)
5. Most perfumes/colognes (DH is sensitive to strong scents)

Five favorite toys:
1. Koosh balls
2. Lego
3. Nerf weaponry
4. Playing cards (or are those considered a game?)
5. My PDA

Most of the folks I'd tag have already been so - if you want to play, consider yourself tagged!

No comments: