A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

And the hits just keep coming....

It has been one heck of a week here at Alternate Dementia...

Tuesday, I spent 4 hours up at the ER with DsS. On the way to the ER I got a flat tire, and spent 20 minutes changing it (which I did all by myself...much easier after I remembered that I needed to loosen the lugnuts *before* jacking up the car.) Diagnosis on DsS was labyrinthitis (inner ear infection), so at least it wasn't something major.

And yesterday, I hadn't been back at work 10 minutes after dropping off DsD when I got a call from the clinic at DD's school to come pick her up. She had a sore neck and was complaining of feeling sick, but the general suspicion is that she was probably more upset about her sister leaving.

Then this morning right before I was about to leave for work, I got a call from DsD....she's not shipping after all. Something came back on the medical screen and she'll need to see a doc when she gets back.

So....it's just been a rough week so far. And I'm reminded of the Bill Cosby quote: "Never challenge worse".....

No comments: