A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Domestic archaeology...

I'm off work this week, and have been trying to get a little further on The Great Decluttering. Monday I did a couple of bookcases, yesterday was the walk-in closet and a little more reshelving of books, and today I tackled the desk. There's still a lot more to be done (I'm only at 82% on Decluttering) but I am at least making progress.

I have also discovered that Post-It Notes breed. I found 12 wrapped pads, and I didn't even bother counting how many small freebie or partial pads I found.
Index cards must be the larval form - I found innumerable random index cards while cleaning up.

In general, I've been amazed at some of the strange things I've found - a printout of Jabberwocky in Latin, playing cards I got in Prague, pictures of my stepchildren as toddlers and preschoolers. Little random snippets of life from the past 15 years.

There's still so much to do, but I think most of the 'archaeology' is done. What remains is primarily weeding through books and computer games - we have more items that need to be shelved than there is shelf space.

No comments: