A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Rule of Seven

I got tagged by a wandering wonderer last week, and I've been thinking about this all weekend.
Note that these answers aren't necessarily in order of priority, just the order in which my fevered mind spewed them forth.

7 Things I want to do before I die
Oh, there are so many things I could put here...and so many of these are travel-related.
  • Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary.
  • Visit every country in Europe and the British Isles at least once. Either 5 or 7 down, depending on how one counts the UK.
  • Get back to Rome and the Vatican, and hopefully meet the Holy Father while I'm there.
  • Visit the major places of Christian pilgrimage. Three down: St. Peter's, Canterbury, and St. David's
  • Visit Australia & New Zealand
  • Retire someplace with real seasons and terrain (in other words, NOT Florida!)
  • Attend a live NFL game.

    Not exactly a small list!

    7 Things I can do
  • Manage a household
  • Crochet and knit
  • Cross-stitch and other needlework
  • Juggle 3 hand-sized items
  • Write web pages in HTML
  • Design and code a software program
  • Jumpstart a car, and change a flat tire.

    7 Things I cannot do
    Oh there are lots of things I can't do! Let's go with some things I can't do but wish I could.
  • Sing well
  • Dance
  • Cook meat dishes other than soups
  • Ice skate
  • Fall asleep at the drop of a hat
  • Quiet my mind
  • Drive a manual transmission

    7 Things that attract me to another person
  • Intelligence
  • Trustworthiness
  • Sense of humor
  • Kindness
  • Respect
    And on the physical side:
  • Eyes
  • Hair

    7 Celebrity crushes
    I'm not much given to celebrity crushes (that implies a misguided emotional investment), but there are some I have at some point or other found appealing for whatever reason. To wit:
  • Ioan Gruffudd (good looks + Welsh accent = nice)
  • Sean Bean
  • Denzel Washington
  • Sean Connery (getting up there in years though)
  • Harrison Ford (I think most women my age had crushes on Han Solo when they were young)
  • Val Kilmer (who unfortunately has not at all aged well)
  • Richard Dean Anderson (as MacGyver, though he does seem to be aging well.)

    7 Things I say the most
    Besides the normal run of prayers, family endearments, and routine questions ("How was your day?", "What do you want for dinner?", etc):
  • "Oh yeah" Ranges from "oh yeahhhh" (I forgot!) to "Oh yeah!" (Score!)
  • "Whatever."
  • "Cool!"
  • "What the ?"
  • "So <sentence>"
  • "Well *that* sucks/blows/bites"
  • "File a flight plan, buddy?!" Said to seriously lead-footed drivers that blow by me

    Then there are all the Monty Python, Blackadder, or other TV/movie quotes that tend to end up in conversation...

    7 Bloggers I will tag
    Oh, let's see. Folks likely to read this and know they've been tagged (my apologies for any duplicate tags...)
  • Glenda
  • Kiwi Jo
  • Jenna
  • Darla
  • Nicole (in AB)
  • Christine (also in AB)
  • Allie

    Well, this has certainly made me stop and take a good long look at myself...
  • No comments: