A window into the life of a professional geek, wife and mother (and nonni), stitcher/designer, bibliophile, old-school gamer, and whatever other roles she finds herself in.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Happy dance with me...

Back in February of last year, I started Last Supper as a project for Lent. At the beginning of this year, I decided I was going to finish it this year, and other than crochet breaks, I haven't worked on any other needlework.

I am pleased to announce that as of 11pm this evening, I am officially DONE!


(Click on picture for larger version)


All told, it took me 267 hours (the verse only took me 2.5), which is pretty close to my initial estimate of 275. The verse addition was an inspiration a few months ago, after I realized I'd mis-centered the design vertically on the fabric! Credit goes to DH for the verse selection - it fits pretty much exactly the length of the design, as well as being apt for the piece.

Now I just need to get it cleaned and off to the framer! And I know *exactly* where in my house it will go.

In other news, DH, DD and I went to see Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-rabbit. Very funny movie - I might post a review later on. And while it's rated G, there are certainly jokes and visual humor for the adults as well. And some of the previews for upcoming movies looked promising, although one (Over the Hedge) inspired DD to emulate a character by belching the alphabet on the way home...

No comments: